Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pumpkin Layer Cake and Cheesecake Deliciousness


Two layers of Pumpkin Cake, a center layer of Cheesecake, and tinted Cream Cheese Buttercream


This cake was incredible.  These Fall flavors are a match made in heaven - they go together like peanut butter and jelly (that is, if you like peanut butter and jelly!).  Since this is the season for #allthingspumpkin, I wasn't about to miss the chance.

Part of my Fall Collection includes traditional cakes, but when it comes to pumpkin cake - there is a tendency to make an amazing pumpkin roll with a cream cheese filling.  I'm still working with a narrow vision of layer cake, so I adapted this holiday favorite.

My crust-less cheese cake goes together really well and is perfect for layering between traditional flour, layer cakes.


This is how it went together.






I really like the subtle effect of the mixed colors on the top of this cake.  The side is definitely a rough, rustic look while the top ...less so.  It's a combination that works well in just about any setting... small party, upscale event, holiday gathering, etc.

The best photograph is rarely the first one taken.  Here a couple out takes; color, design, and cake stand make a difference.




By popular demand, this cake will be on my Thanksgiving dessert table.  More directly, I'm grateful to have a Thanksgiving dessert table.

My partner is fantastic in his love and support of me, my baking, and sobriety.  It's a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment