Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes

 
Chocolate Cupcake, Cream Cheese filling with Cream Cheese frosting
Chocolate Cupcake, Chocolate Cream Cheese filling with Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting

Today just seemed like a chocolate cupcake day.  I truly do love baking these little bits of goodness.  And, they are incredibly easy to pull together.


Choosing the filling and frosting was a bit problematic today since I had so many choices.  My life partner made a request for crab apple filling (we found some crab apple jam at a nearby market this summer - score!).  I cored and filled five cupcakes with this amazing yumminess.  Side note: I was looking for fresh cherries this morning for a cherry chocolate combination - no such luck.

 

A friend suggested cream cheese filling.  Oh yes.  That's the ticket.  I've planned a chocolate and cream cheese cake for next week, but it sounded perfect for today's cupcakes.  Bonus: I had an unopened container of chocolate cream cheese as well. 


I cored and filled one dozen cupcakes with a cream cheese and vanilla buttercream filling.  So decadent.  I practiced this smooth swirl using my Wilton 1A piping tip.  I love the little tip at the top of each swirl - somehow I managed to make the icing consistency just right.  Anyway, chocolate and cream cheese go together.




Another dozen cupcakes were cored and filled with a chocolate cream cheese filling and frosted with a chocolate cream cheese buttercream frosting.  I tasted a bit of the icing ... it was as good as it sounded.  Yikes!



Putting the cupcakes back on a tray headed for the cake refrigerator.

Baking these cupcakes was just right.  I do love messing around with buttercream and switching up the flavor profile.  Also, it's fun to decorate little cakes.

Side note:  Photographing food, especially cupcakes and cake, must be a specialty!  I need a food stylist and some photography lessons and probably something else I don't know about.  I took a sries of pictures moving this silk rose around.  To me, they all look a bit....not right?  I'm not using them on the blog, but included them here to share my food stylists shortcomings.






I'm not sure, but I think this is as close as I can get to photographing a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting.






No comments:

Post a Comment