Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cake on Fire


Triple-layer 7Up Cake, Pineapple Buttercream with Pineapple Jam filling, Pineapple Buttercream frosting and Coconut

This is a redo of the entertaining My Cake Looks Like a Hat post.  The feedback on that cake was good...less lime filling and more pineapple.  Ok, I can do that.

Putting this cake together was super quick!  After a layer of buttercream, I added a very thin layer of pineapple jam.  What a sweet treat and a perfect compliment to the flavor profile.




This cake was made for a get together with friends.  We met on the Hauptstrasse and enjoyed the lovely cool breeze of a summer evening.  I was surprised by the many folks who gawked at the cake, stopped to take a picture, or who came up and said something to us. 


I don't know why I chose orange... that's not the color of pineapple or lemon or lime.  Maybe that's why I chose it!  Color was necessary and it sounded fun.  I really like the look of this cake and I look forward to using it again.



Also, when I started taking the photographs, I couldn't decide on the white or the orange tablecloth.




I love the orange tablecloth...the cake looks like it's on fire!!
A good evening with friends, wonderful conversation, a beautiful setting, and my life partner.  It's a great life.
 
 


4 comments:

  1. This one tasted as good as it looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was great sitting outside and visiting. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Afton. I loved decorating this cake; it was fast AND easy.

      Delete