Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lemon Cupcake with Raspberry Curd Cream Filling


Lemon Cupcake with fresh Raspberry Curd, frosted with Lemon Raspberry Buttercream and topped with a beautiful fresh Raspberry


I love lemon and lemony things.  That aside, what a busy day I was having when I got a call for a birthday cake and cupcakes for a lovely teenager.  My family is headed out of town, so we the client and I agreed on a last minute pick-up before we hopped on the train and she vowed to refrigerate overnight.

These look delicious and quite frankly, they are sweet and tart and addictive all at the same time.


You know I love color.  Bold color and the transition from one color to the next is so exciting to me.  The contrast of the red berry and the yellow tinted lemon buttercream gets me all kinda jazzy.


This is me futzing around with the camera and trying different angles, looks, etc.  No way did I have time for this foo-foo stuff, but I couldn't help myself ...and I'm still not packed for our overnight trip.  Looking at this picture, I think I need a different color tablecloth to really show off the cupcake.

And right now I'm telling myself that good enough is good enough and I can't be perfect. Whatever.




This is the cake that was ordered, triple-layer vanilla cake with raspberry curd cream filling and fresh raspberries.  It was quite lovely and I was happy with the end result.

I love that I get to work with cake and cupcakes.  I am grateful that I have been practicing my cupcake swirl for months now.  That sorta sounds pathetic.  And that's ok too.

2 comments:

  1. I love your cupcakes and cakes! That triple decker looks amazing. I'm swooning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, precious meems. :) I have come to really love vanilla cake and the sexiness that is there.

      Delete